Return and Exchange Policy
Last updated: October 22-2015
Conditions and Guidelines:
- All clearance and sale merchandise items are final sales. They are sold “as is” and are not eligible for return or exchange.
- Special order fabrics, window blinds and window treatments require a non-refundable 50% deposit. All other special orders require a non-refundable 40% deposit. There are no cancellations or changes permitted on special orders.
- Any product that has been accepted for return must be in its original packaging with the original invoice or it will be refused. Items that have been washed or used cannot be accepted.
- All issues with merchandise (that does not fall into the sale or clearance category) must be immediately reported to Design Louis George Inc. and documented at the time of delivery.
- Shipping and delivery fees are not refundable.
- All feather, down and synthetic products such as duvets, featherbeds, pillows, cushion forms, mattress and pillow protectors are not refundable or exchangeable for hygienic reasons.
- Time frames for delivery of special orders are only estimates and as such cannot be guaranteed. Delays outside of the estimated delivery times do not constitute a reason to cancel.
- Variations: Colour, grain variations and veining are natural characteristics of wood, leather and iron. These variations reveal the individuality of each piece and for this reason the natural qualities may vary from piece to piece.
In Store purchases:
- All regular and green tag promotionally priced furniture, mirrors and chandeliers can be returned or exchanged within 7 business days of receipt with the original invoice. If Design Louis George Inc. initially delivered the item in question the refund will be reduced by a $150.00 delivery cost reimbursement plus a 20% restocking fee; otherwise only the 20% restocking fee will apply. The 20% restocking fee will be applied to the original invoice value. For exchanges only, the 20% restocking fee will be waived if the exchange value is equal to or higher than the value of the original purchase. All merchandise will be inspected prior to the refund being authorized. Scratched, dented or used goods will not be accepted.
- All eligible regularly priced linens, accessories and lamps can be returned or exchanged within 7 business days of receipt with the original invoice. There is no restocking fee, however all items must be accompanied by the original packaging and may not have been used or washed in order to be accepted.
- For an accepted return originally paid for in cash or by cheque Design Louis George Inc. will mail a refund cheque within 14 business days of the return less any applicable delivery and restocking fees.
On line purchases:
- All eligible regularly priced merchandise can be returned or exchanged within 7 business days after the customer has received and signed for the goods provided a return authorization number has been issued. Please contact our customer service department at 514 844-0671 or Toll free: 1-855-544-0671 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for authorization. All merchandise must have the original invoice and packaging and not have been washed or used.
- Shipping and handling of the eligible return or exchange are the customer’s responsibility along with all of the related costs incurred in returning the merchandise.
- Refunds on orders that were eligible for free shipping will be refunded less the shipping cost incurred by Design Louis George Inc. on the original shipment.
- For customers residing in the Metropolitan Montreal area, purchases may be returned in person to the store located at 4360 Cote de Liesse; however the reimbursement will only be processed online within 3 business days.
- Customers outside of Canada are responsible for the cost of all brokerage fees as well as the import duties and taxes levied by their local governments. No monies will be refunded for any of these fees or imposed payments on an eligible return. All such return packages must be clearly identified as “returned goods” on the shipping documentation to ensure that no additional duties and taxes are applied when the merchandise enters back into Canada. Any of these unpaid amounts that Design Louis George Inc. incurs on the customer’s behalf will be deducted from the refund.
- All refunds for online purchases will only be processed online and credited to the same form of payment that was used in the purchase process.